Sunday, April 27, 2008

Utterly Butterly Delicious...

What does the title line remind you of???? Try singing it.....!!!!

Remember the ads on TV...Utterly Butterly Delicious...AMUL!!!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZRLGukV4A

I stumbled across this video on YouTube. And it struck me...how that tune used to be so famous when I was a kid...And then I started hunting for some of the other ads...whose tunes I remembered. The companies and the products in these ads were remembered because of the tunes that were associated with them...So I decided to compile some of them here...

1) Kya swaad hai...zindagi main...

YES!!!! The delicious Cadbury's chocolate..!!!! From Dairy Milk to Fruit & Nut...Simply Ummmmm...... And who can forget the famous song!!!! Here are a couple of those famous ads...





I specially love the cricket one..!!! I remember how the girl dancing on the field used to really crack me up!!!!


2) I would probably place the following tune right on the top of the list!!!! Every Indian knows this one..!!! The la...la la la laaaa..... the water fall...the pretty girl in a skimpy dress....sighhhhhhh!!! ladies and gentlemen...it's Liril...




3) And the cutest one of them all...the sweet lil kid...who only wants a lil attention...and loads of jalebis!!!!!! Yes...dhara dhara...shudh dhara...(you would have to turn up your volume a lil bit for this one I think...)



4) Suffering from a sore throat??? What did your mom tell you to do??? Vicks ki goli lo...khich khich door karo..!!!! Can never forget this one!!




5) Guess what has swaad (taste) and shakti (strength)!!! think think...



Yes!! Swaad bhare...Shakti bhare..!! Parle G!!!!

6) This company had the most classic tune of all!!! I really love this tune..!!! And they still it in their ads!!!! The bottom add is a new one...with Rani Mukherjee looking absolutely mind blowing..!!!! Times change... but the Titan tune is time less...






I really miss those ads!!!! There were a bunch of others...like coffee bite...ajanta clocks...bajaj...and few others I can't remember...The tunes remind me of a time long gone...Just hearing that music was enough to tell me which advertisement was up on TV... In recent days...the only one I really liked was Rehman's magical tune for Airtel...

3 comments:

Sandeep Chauhan said...

nice post.....well i think indian hangover still going on :)

waise dhaara waali ad dekh ke I want Jalebis !!!!!!

PK said...

looks like ur missing home... waise mujhe bhi bachpan ke din yaad aa gaye.. "main ghar chod ke jaa raha hoon" :)

dhruv said...

h aha..always miss india man!!! yes..the jalebis look tooo inviting..!!!!